Monday 11 July 2016

11th July 2016 - A bit more British Gas...

Thought for the day:" Someday - we old folk will use cursive writing as a secret code "

Well today I may have finally put he saga of the British Gas bill to bed - I may have - but not really sure ...  The postman came today....

This was the small forest that he delivered - all cealry marked British Gas...  One was an acknoweldgement of my complaint (which I think has been completed though the letter says that it will be looked at in the next 5 days)..
I didn't mind too much - after all we had worked ot that there were 11 invoices that were outstanding, which  you may recall led me to my problems with the call handler when I asked for copies of each ... but somehow I thought that it may be within the realms of teh possible for one envelope to have been used, perhaps with a short covering note...

I thought maybe "Dear Mr Sewell, further to our telephone conversation please find a copy of the outstanding invoices as requested - which as you will see - mount up to the total of  £xxx which will be applied at the end of the month..." (see previous blog)

But - instead, I have anther sheaf of papers - but at least we have finished - or so I thought until I looked a bit more closely...

Oh - some of these appear to have the same date.... oh and the same amount...
  
These three are all for the same period - 29th September 2015 - 29th October 2015 and money will be taken from my account on or after the 24th November 2015...
 These are both for the 3rd June 2015 - to 28th September 2015 - the sum of £35.92 which will apparantly be taken by direct debit as soon after the 31st December 2015 as possible..

So, having gone through all the 18 letters - it appears that the sums will add up to the final amount..
It looks like £152 and a few pennies for the last 15 months - which sounds about right for a property that does not actually use ny electricity other than the electric shutter to get in ...

And the explanation of how they got to all of this ?? For that I am afraid we have to fall back upon the spreadsheet that lists all the bills and invoices and credit notes and refunds and new bills...
Oh well - I suppose it is a step in the right direction - thanks to Barbara Holden who finally sorted this little mess...  Still think we might have saved some trees...

Back still bad - hobbling about the house and mainly in a chair today..
But can have a glass of Chateau 41 ..
So Cheers !
 


No comments:

Post a Comment