Saturday 16 April 2016

16th April 2016 - Nostalgia ain't what it used to be

Thought for the day :"Whoever put the letter "B" in the word subtle deserves a medal"
So, feeling a bit more domesticated today. Sat down and did some accounts to start the day and found myself looking at a twitter post which amused me...   How to measure your wife for an ironing table!





They are adjustable and the whole thing made me chuckle a little... Of course there are other old adverts that can make you realise how much society has changed in quite a short period of time.. Here are a few that I found..

Nice additions to the kitchen....  

Of course in my house, the expert in the kitchen happens to be my wife... and I think this woudl still be appropriate for her - she would probably appreciated it ....

I'll drink to that ....

Not all would be considered appropriate these days of course... but a free booklet will help ..

And of course some grooming tips ...

and the correct attire ..

Oh well ...  of course, if the cooking skills are not so good then you can be sure of a good reception as long as you don't spoil the beer...
 

And that about does it for a Saturday ..
Cheers!
and a word for the wise...




No comments:

Post a Comment