Sunday 11 October 2015

11th October 2015 - As Learned as and Angel

 Thought for the day: "I do not snore - I dream I am a motorcycle"

Today I learned that there are nine muses, and as it happens I can recite their names - though I will not do so here, as well as nine orders of Angels in the Celestial Hierarchy - which is a little more involved than they seem to make it in the Dominion TV and Film Series or one of my favourite old series of films The Prophecy, where I learned that Angels also squat ....

But the Seraphim and the Cherabim, the Thrones, the Dominions, Powers and Principalities, Virtues, Arch-angels and Angels make a nice list to include as a party piece one day - or maybe win a game of 15 to one or "the Chase"....

Now there may be a number of theories about angels, but in my case I would prefer the one above to a Doctor Who related scare such as

When all is said and done - there are not a huge amount of people who believe in Angels, even though there are a number of popular versions in the media at the moment ...

I think I worked out the reason...

I'll drink to that.. Cheers.

PS - as often happens in my Blogs - I had to do a little research on my grammar. In this case I had to find out whether I had used "learned" correctly - or should it be "learnt". It seems that though some may feel that "learned" is more common in North America it is not actually an americanism - but the two words can be used, and are used without distinction. Of course - Learned, with two syllables will always be correct for those who do not have to look up such facts....

yup - best get the bottle out...





No comments:

Post a Comment