Thursday 20 August 2015

20th August 2015 - Things you can do one handed

Thought for the day: "Does anyone on here want to buy my broken barometer? No pressure."

I was lamenting the other day that it is impossible (for me) to put my contact lenses in with one hand, though I was reminded of a friend who lost an arm and managed to do pretty well anything he wanted. That and putting a pony tail in my hair - I would say plaiting as well but I can't plait my own hair anyway so that would be a lie...
 
Today, I found that showering is possible including washing the hair as long as the damaged arm is held tight to the body - switching shower on and off is inadvisable on an electric power shower as there is nowhere to hide from the sudden boiling / followed by freezing blast of water - jolting the arm is painful  but not incapacitating...

But, ordering beer, glasses, checking power requirements and availability, emptying out the Bothy (with the main work done by Susie it must be said) sorting wall hangings and kit for a pirate fayre, writing a blog (though slower than normal), getting dressed, receiving friends who are bearers of gifts and alcohol (very welcome), finding an alternative source for trestle tables, visiting a mother, and sorting a pirate costume - these can all be done wit one hand....

The rain has continued for another day - one can only hope that it will have drifted on by tomorrow for the set up of the marquee for Raglan Pirate Event. We shall see!!   Also tomorrow is the day to pick up my brother in law from Heathrow as he flies in from the States. Wet August will be a shock to his Arizona (it is a dry heat) climate....  But he may bring some stateside weather - we can but hope.    

Still very tired - the body telling me that it really needs to have some time to recover...   I agree with it... just not today...  Far too much to do ...

And so - let's look at the Bookers list ...   and sort the TABS - they are both things that need immediate attention ... after this cup of tea...  Yup - tea rather than Chateau 41 -  you can do that with one hand as well !!

So, a couple of pictures from the Vale - care of Woodrow (pete)
Yes, the ones with death and mayhem and the Crimson Moon...


 will have to take my own camera next time .....
  
 Cheers!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment