Monday 9 March 2015

9th March 2015 - Best Take your Phone

Thought for the day: " My theory of evolution is that Darwin was adopted."

A lot of travelling today..  Seems that it was 447 miles !!
Of course it did not start off very well - a seven o'clock start to make sure that I missed the traffic, and the five envelopes that had to be posted today by the computer...  Did not switch the computer on!! That would be stupid - an un-necessary distraction - no.. a hasty slice of hiome made bread and (slightly) runny marmalade, keys, wallet, everythign needed...

Across the road to fetch the car and remember to take the chest with the tea set from the funeral back to the warehouse...  Keeps the living room clear!! Picked up the sausage rolls - a necessary journey accoutrement from my mother - she was worried as the "girls" at the flats were now buying from ASDA and not TESCO and she was concerned that her sausage rolls would fail to be to the normal quality - a needless worry - they were fine...

A check of the back of the car and a distincy lack of diet coke - so a fill up of a box from the kitchen...   Everything ready ?? Yup - I think so !!

A quick goodbye to a sleepy Susie - the dog had been fed so was ready for bed again ....

And off to the warehouse to disgorge a tea chest and load up the trailer..

To be fair - Roger had been generous to a fault  in letting me borrow his trailer from November when I found I had to change stores.. and it was now March !!  In fact - he had only bought the trailer because I told him that he really needed it - and after the weekend that he bought it I asked if I could borrow it - and kept it for two weeks on that occasion !
But March - and I though it only fair that he should have it back - so off we went to return to to his farm in Brecon ...

But first - I needed petrol - and if I was going to Tesco for fuel - then I ought to pop in and see if I could buy a new padlock - as he wanted me to cut a key for the old one - and it was easier to get a new one form the stores...   Through the shops and filled up and ready to go - and as we pass Pemberton I wonder about my phone - as I need to confirm the order with Lyme Bay and contact LTC  and...    and ...    no phone !!!

That is a bit of a blow !!!

So - my early start is all to nought as I return home to try to not disturb Susie who has obviously gone back to bed....    to Susie who is at the front door fully dressed.....  to Susie who has my phone in her hands .. and has apparently been to the warehouse and found that I have left ( she can see the wet tyre prints) been to Tesco ( but used the coast road and missed me ) thought of chasing down the motorway ( good thing she didn't ) and decided to go home - put her contact lenses in  - phone Roger and tell him to keep me there until she arrived and start to head off for Brecon...

and I turn up !!!

I think there was a hint of disappointment in that she would not be heading to Brecon to see the lambing - but as they do not start lambing for another week - it was just as well...

and so - with phone in hand I start my journey.. We are now backed up from the motorway  to Dafen - so not a good start...

Motorway slow from Gorseinon to Brittonferry - seems it would be a long day - particularly with a trailer behind....

But we get to Brecon. Make the phone calls to LTC and Lyme Bay to confirm the order for Friday.
And Trailerless head off to Heathrow - arriving at a quarter past one - the flight came in some ten minutes before....     

So off to Banbury to buy a trailer ..  And some other stuff...
Then back the long way - seems that there was a quicker way - but I went Sat Nav and ECO route and that took me along the M42 a little north and round - for a 3 hour 9 minute jounrey as opposed to a 20 mile shorter - over the M4 and pay the bridge route for 3 hours 6 minutes. Of course I had a trailer and was slower than expected so wither would have been slower...

But a little more worrying - as the fuel guage on the terrano (which is new to me) suddenly started saying that it was empty  - and Tesco was on the route - but not the junction I took which sent me off up the motorway with 9 miles to go and no garages in sight - and the 9 miles was a split on the motorway and not a junction off - so another 4.7 miles and we limp onto a side road..  I can now see the petrol station 1/2 mile and 40 seconds ahead - apart from the three sets of red lights and hill starts which are surely draining the fuel...   But we get there and fill up ...

So the rest of the journey is fairly clear - apart from the slightly dubious lights on the trailer -
and back to Llanelli and a nice Shepherd's Pie - and a glass of Chateau 41 .. I feel that was well needed today ..

Moral of the day - best take you phone  - the whole day goes smoother!!

Cheers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment