Tuesday 20 January 2015

20th January 2015 - Hitting the bottle ... And building

Thought for the day: "My job as a trainee astronomer is starting to look up!"

Quite enjoyed drawing this one today...

But today has been a day of transcribing two years of emails and sorting them into readable piles. It is also interesting that though you can delete messages in Facebook, they are still accessible to the other party in the conversation. This proves interesting when you want to review everythign that has been said over a period of time, and find that you can copy the full transcription in to a Word Document for reading.

I thought I would be able to ferret away at the boxes in the basement - no - not the one in the living room! I am tentatively happy with my Tesco Computer Box now and the Box will get sent to the Warehouse (just in case) for the moment. No, I have manged to empty one room in the basement and get everything to the Warehouse, but the next room and cupboards are beckoning. It is blooming cold though!!   I have had excessive cups of tea and manage to run to the loo a lot - after all, natural hydrolics - if it goes in it has to come out sometime. But it is still cold sitting at the machines...

Have to be up early tomorrow to go to Aberaeron to try to sort out some bank details for a group I am treasurer for - only taken 6 months so far !! It is all about having the rigtht paperwork and identification and the blood of a virgin and the reflection of an exploding black hole as near as I can tell.  But, hoping that the snow keeps away for the journey. Sadly, we were hoping to look at a smallholding up in the same area. A good reason to travel all that distance. But it looks as though it has an offer already there..  Oh well. Best not to be disappointed again...

So while I am thinking about houses and plotments... ..

I find that I am drinking so much diet coke while I am on my dry month, that I could be building one of these houes made out of plastic bottles - cleverly filled with sand ..

They look quitre effective and seem to be fairly robust ...


There is a video about the development ..

So that is about it for me for one day...





No comments:

Post a Comment