Thursday 2 October 2014

2nd October 2014 - Mixing and Murials...

Thought for the day: "So, if the universe is made up of Electrons, Protons and Neutrons... why am I surrounded by Morons??"

Bothy to the MOT first thing this morning - looks like it could be expensive - but we have invested a lot in the old girl so we are going ahead - the service and oil change cost £300 so what could possibly go wrong??  Did I really say that ?? Oh dear !!!

Took my mother to hospital today to see about her eyes and it looks as though it is standard cataracts so we can live with that and sort out a private deal to get them done quickly..

Visited Ken while we were in hospital - he has had a really rough time and does not look too well - he is in a neck brace while they sort out the skull fractures and his breathing is rough due to the broken ribs ... He was sedated and asleep when I saw him so was unable to really tell how he was.... Chatted with Matthew - his son and talked to the rest of the family by phone - about as much as I can do at the moment ..  Just so glad that the Mountain Rescue were out with their dog - it was the dog that found him - he had fallen down a 30 - 40 ft drop and it was getting dark and the police were ready to call off the search for the night.... A Lucky Man !!

Meanwhile, Susie is getting into the artistic mood - she has decided to do more Murials  - and the first off the plate is Peter Pan ..
A little smaller than the last version but a more acceptable size to sell for charity or to buy a sheep..
She has spent most of the day in the Sewing Room painting, while I have been playing with my new toys..

The keyboard and the mixer are old - but the speaker is an active speaker - meaning that I do not need separate amplifier and is apparently 800 watts - which is quite loud - all things considered!!
While Susie is painting upstairs - I have gone through 23 takes of the new song "I wrote you a song"

Why is it always so hard to learn the words of a song that you have written yourself ???
It is a sad little story and true!!!

Having gone back to Mythodea, and having written a song about the Black Pearl Tavern, which included a lovely lass who called herself "Sinistair", of course I wrote a verse about her....

"There's a wench who serves me beer, cool and chilled - but have no fear
When she smiles I'd walk for miles to the Black Pearl Mythodea!!
Then my heart began to stir- she said her name was Sinistair!
Long blonde hair and darkened eyes - I didn't stand a chance sir !!!

When I asked to taste her wares she didn't tell me no sir
But didn't tell me yes !! she said she was too young sir!!

Said she knew about old Bards like me
So I gave her a song and drank my beer..

I lost my heart and I lost my voice   
At the Black Pearl Mythodea!!  "

And I suppose it is only fair to say that I would hope to see her on the next year - especially as I had written a song for her....

But as it happens she was not there...

"I traveled in search of a will of the wisp
A memory hidden but true
I traveled in vain, for she'd flourished and gone
..."

But instead - working in the Black Pearl there was another young lass whose name turned out to be Tanya..
"And then in the shade there was you.."

She was working as barmaid/wench and I was singing my songs - I did not really know if she saw me while I was working, singing my songs, but then while I was singing at a table she came along and sat alongside...
"I thought that you had not even seen me at all
then you came and sat by my side .."

With many members of the Black Pearl Staff we all enjoyed wine and celebrations into the early hours of tomorrow.... and I told her that I would write her a song...

And on the last night she was working the late shift - I was singing in the Klaubattermann (the hobgoblin), the Heilige Crabbe (The Holy Crab) and Jeffries Bar...  I asked her when her shift finished in case she would like a late night drink and chat - she said she would finish her shift at 2am..

At 2am I duly arrived at the Black Pearl .. to find that she had already finished and gone on... to bed.. to party.. to her partner..  I knew not .. And I have no contact details to enquire.....

But I had said that I would write her a song.......

 "I said that I would write you a song
You said you would finish at two
When I called you had gone but I still wrote the song
this one was written for you ..."


The complete lyrics...

I said I would write you a song - (Tanya's Song)


I said that I would write you a song
You said you would finish at two
When I called you had gone but I still wrote the song
this one was written for you ...

There's a world where thoughts and dreams coexist
Where the sky stays a strange magic hue
Where life can be simple and death close behind
Where music can call to the few
I traveled in search of a will of the wisp
A memory hidden but true
I traveled in vain, for she'd flourished and gone
And then in the shade there was you..

I said that I would write you a song
You said you would finish at two
When I called you had gone but I still wrote the song
this one was written for you ...


I sang out my songs in the heat of the crowd
And I watched you as you glided by
The light of the candles brought shadows and shades
And a sparkle to a bright blue grey eye
I saw tables brighten as you gave them a smile
And I hoped you would not pass me by
I played out my heart on the fretboard of life
Though I feared - to catch your eye 

I said that I would write you a song
You said you would finish at two
When I called you had gone but I still wrote the song
this one was written for you ...


    The warmth of the evening, the heat of the sand,
    The smell of smoke burning, the touch of a hand,
    The taste of sweet lips, that sears like a brand
    A whisper of hope, to just understand
    For I was estranged in a stranger land
    In a language of love that I could never plan

I said that I would write you a song
You said you would finish at two
When I called you had gone but I still wrote the song
this one was written for you ...


Instrumental

    The warmth of the evening, the heat of the sand,
    The smell of smoke burning, the touch of a hand,
    The taste of sweet lips, that sears like a brand
    A whisper of hope, to just understand
    For I was estranged in a stranger land
    In a language of love I could never plan

I said that I would write you a song
You said you would finish at two
When I called you had gone but I still wrote the song
this one was written for you ...


I watched from a distance as you passed to and fro
And the night replaced eventide
No jewels or garlands to distract from soft skin
Your red hair pulled backwards with pride..
Your voice it was gentle, your smile was beguiling
If I said I was untouched I lied
I thought that you had not even seen me at all
then you came and sat by my side

I said that I would write you a song
You said you would finish at two
When I called you had gone but I still wrote the song
this one was written for you ...


Quite pleased - lifting a glass of Chateau 41 to Tanya - wherever she is - for being an inspiration and a muse - I wish her well .... 


 
-o0o-
Old Time Religion

1 comment:

  1. In case you are looking for the Black Pearl Song...
    copy the link ....
    http://youtu.be/lpkee2s6mUw

    ReplyDelete