Sunday 7 September 2014

7th September 2014 - Julie Andrews eat your heart out - Doe's and Dopes

Thought for the day : "I did a theatrical performance about puns. It was a play on words."

A morning for sorting through the sets of video and photographs taken over the last month...
Today I decided that I would look at the Herstmonceaux footage - Near Hastings, the England Medieval Festival..

For this I found that I was the opening act each morning on the village stage. The market area was not particularly busy, but I had the advantage of a grand set of young actors, the United Players (or Mummers) who were to follow me each day. Luckily they enjoyed my material and provided a great ready made audience which soon attracted more to the stage..

In this song - "Mead on a different Scale" (see what I did there??)  there is a classic moment about 1 minute and 15 seconds in where the penny drops as to the real nature of the song.....

A good day that - a sunny and bright day - it did not stay that way but this was a good grounding ...

But on other matters ....

Note for the forthcoming referendum in Scotland - If you have to put advertising along your train, then it is best to choose carefully where you put each letter .....  The "F" should not be put on the door section !!!
Otherwise you get truths that you would otherwise not want people to know about !!!


So with those thoughts - I think we are having home grown Chicken and veg from the Garden today ...
Probably washed down with a drop of Chateau 41

-o0o-
Place of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment