Friday 12 September 2014

12th September 2014 - Of Dog Food And Dithering

Thought for the day : "I used to go out with an anaesthetist - she was a local girl..."

Almost finished the first set of videos from Herstmonceaux...  This is the rendition of "Here all Week" well supported by friends int he United Players


They seemed to enjoy !!

This one went out on Facebook Land today - but not everyone watches FB so I thought I would add it here for posterity ...

The Dog Food Diet..
So - I am at Tesco Checkout, and I am buying a large bag of dog food.
While I am in the line , a woman behind me asked, quite politely, if I had a dog!!
Well - I was taken a little aback - after all, why would I be in the line with a bag of dog-food if I did not have a dog??

But, on impulse, I told her that no... I did not have a dog.. I said
"I'm starting the dog food diet again ..
I probably should not because I ended up in hospital last time.
I lost 3 stone 6 pounds before I woke up in intensive care with tubes coming out of several orifices and an IV in my arm."
I told her it was essentially a perfect diet...
"All you do is load your pockets with food nuggets and simply eat one or two any time that you feel hungry! The food is nutritionally complete and the health restrictions for dog food are better than human fare.
It works so well that I am going to try it again !"

I should add that everyone in the line was now enthralled with the story...

The girl at the checkout asked me if I ended up in intensive care as a result of food poisoning from the dog food...

I told her "No. Of course not!! I stepped off the kerb to smell a poodle's bum and a car hit me !!"

I thought the guy behind me was going to have a heart attack he laughed so loud...

And so another day starts - might finish some paperwork before I get to Crete if I am lucky !!

-o0o-
Place of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment