Tuesday 3 June 2014

3rd June 2014 - Can you see what it is yet ???

Thought for the day:" I can handle pain until it hurts."

Well, version one of the new guitar transporter - in the sense that it is all put together and works. In terms of aesthetic beauty or workmanship - it will be admitted that it leaves a lot to be desired...  It is also quite heavy, and as a result I find myself sat in the chair with a back strap on  - hoping that I have not slipped a disk!!!

So lets go back to the basic requirement. While heading off to various events, I have more instruments than I can effectively carry but still want to have the opportunity of playing different things...  So, I need something that will allow me to carry numerous instruments safely, store them when not being played and perhaps keep some other items with me - cameras would be good ...

The solution?? Well golfers carry quite a bit of weight in a golf bag when they go around the golf course, and the ground is often uneven.. So ....

A Golf Caddie folds up quite small when not being used...   But could it carry a guitar???
In principle it could - but might need a bit of structure for that...
Bearing in mind that this is the prototype, there may be lighter materials that I could use... But for the moment 2 x 1 seems to be quite effective...
So the basics of the structure seem to work  there is room for the guitars..
And the Banjo ...
Now to consider the outside structure, which also will give it the strength and protect the instruments
Shelf on the top for drinks I think !!!
May not look pretty but has all the features I am requiring...
And the instruments are safely inside.. Though the top looks slightly out of kilter .. Oh Well!!

A door for the front I think...

And stage one completed...  Room for the Lyre in the door I think and the Autoharp down the side...
All requires padding and fitting with felt to protect the instruments and then sanding down and polishing and painting..  But I think the proof of concept works....

Works nicely on the wheels and moves around well.. Unfortunately it is quite heavy even without guitars in there - and that is why when lifting it up the stairs from the garden into the kitchen I must have twisted my back as carrying...

Which is also why I am sitting here at the computer rather than finishing the job...
Oh well - have been careful for a long time ..

Oh - and the name ? The Volls Wagen - Catchy I thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment