Tuesday 13 May 2014

13th May 2014 - Of loss of storage... and going to the dogs...

Thought for the day : "I had to send in a duplicate application to get a job making retro cars at Citroen.  -  For some reason they needed 2 CVs... "

When you get a sudden phone call saying that the storage area that you had banked on for the next 3 months with hopefully an option to extend, has sadly been sold, and you recall that you negotiated use of the area upon the basis that you would move out should it be sold....

Not a good start to the day...  I have waxed lyrical on the subject of boxes over the last year and a half, but that pales into inconsequence when I consider the actual number of Morrison's boxes that tower up into the storage...   They say that a factory was bitten by a wolf on the full moon and turned into a werehouse!!

This one seems to have bitten me ....

And so I start the search for an alternative area for storing the boxes and the furniture and everything that I have removed from the houses and flats for the purposes of de-cluttering....

A task for the next few days it seems to me...

Meanwhile. 'Thena seems to be settling in at a fast rate ...

Back garden and she is sitting at command and being very patient. When she started with us she was very "jumpy". Now she is settling very fast. 
Though Rusty is getting a lot more exercise in a very short period of time.  And he is feeling very tired some of the time !!

 
But 'Thena is very interested in everything that is going on, and desires to be helpful. I have forgotten how strong the tail of a labrador is by comparison to a collie dog ! I think I have bruises on my legs from her happiness..

And so a word from my mother, and of her own mum......


"As my mum would say “Put her in a bag ‘ shake her up and use her for rubbing rags Its the only thing she’s good for”” Think she had a lot of common sense..."

Seems a good point to leave things to a glass of Chateau 41 - the red seems to be a good batch !! 

No comments:

Post a Comment