Tuesday 1 April 2014

1st April 2014 - On the Road - Travels in the Bothy

Thought for the day: " God must love stupid people. He made SO many."

Looks over shoulder !!
No Tricks or special April Fools ???   I will look at the media later - but as I sit here I recall the famous Spaghetti Blight - the spoof on BBC 1 - which had to be taken seriously cos it was BBC 1 when they decided that the spaghetti crop - shown on the vine - was in danger .....    Was in Black and White as I recall

But today I am on route to Hartlepool and so will put down a simple blog for posterity ...

But My Mother has penned a little ditty to the Bothy - on the news that the new awning was sadly not Green as planned - but Blue!!!
 
Ode   to   a   Bothy   Awning

You  know  its   green
I  know  its   green
But  Woad   became   an   issue
Its   tendrils   streamed
across   the   ground
and   entered   every   fissure

And   so   we   lost  the   green  of  old
and  joined in   with a  wodeon
But   still   we   shout
and still  we  hum
There   will  always  be

OUR VERY  SPECIAL  GREENIUM
 Thanks Mum   :)



No comments:

Post a Comment