Monday 3 March 2014

3rd March 2014 - Back to normalcy....

We are into March, and so it is time to look at some of the decisions that need to be done. I am not one to worry too much about health and fitness, have not really had to think much about it over recent years. While working on the Crimson Moon the van had a pay load of just over a ton, and the trailer behind carried an additional 2 3/4 tons. Each week, that would be loaded and unloaded, mainly by one person - me. On top of that there would be the stock to get, the tents to be put up, the dressing of the place, the long hours and the adrenaline of the actual serving and and working the bar...

Now, don't get me wrong, that is not a complaint, and you may read into it this a hint of regret. Yes, they were good times but I do not regret moving on - there are other things to do, other plans to achieve.. But the lack of constant exercise has had its own effect.

Every year while working on the Moon, my personal weight would fluctuate between lethargic portliness in the winter to fairly active fitness in the height of Summer and early Autumn.

Even last year - while working with the new owners of the "Moon" I was not really directly involved in the setting up or taking down, so a twelve month onwards I have had to take a serious look at my current profile - and in that I do not mean Facebook Profile...

Fret not - this is not going to turn into a fitness blog, or a boring succession of daily statistics...  they would not interest me - let alone anyone else... but on the day that it starts I thought it worthwhile noting the commencement and explain why there will be no references to Chateau 41 and the late night glass of Scotch, but I will also refrain from itemising the meals missed ....

So - a dry month of March...   Could be a long month !!!

But it is Monday - so time for a change of Cover Picture - I call this one "Stairway to Heaven". Maybe after the song....  or maybe just after aspirations...

One step at a time...
Night  - maybe a a cup of coffee - I think I have had too much diet coke for one day ....

[Oh ... 15 stone 6lbs - Day 1 - target - Oh, I don't know, somewhere in the 13stone range ?]
  

No comments:

Post a Comment