Tuesday 25 March 2014

25th March 2014 - So how much would you pay for a scratch???

A morning start and a walk down to Burry Port. Weather not too bad and a chance to examine some more sections of the road to Burry Port, through the Festival and Eisteddfod fields.

I must have walked past them a number of times. I have photographed the steps with the layered name stones - but as I panted across the field I saw the stone laid in 2000 for the last Eisteddfod.
I probably walked over it a number of times - but today I managed to get a picture...

I found the walk fairly reasonable - blew the cobwebs away - but for Rusty there was not pond at the end of the walk for him. There is a suggestion that there are lurgies in the sea and the ponds which can affect dogs so I was not unhappy with him avoiding the swimming. There is also a rumour that the Lava Bread has salmonella - but most locals put this down to an EU and English campaign to discredit a good national Welsh dish...  But back to Rusty, we got as far as the main car park and  he was clearly hot....
 But - it had rained a little before - the sun was shining now - but there was some surface water - and that is enough for Rusty !!!

There is no better way to finish a frenetic walk, says Rusty, than a cool soak in a puddle...
Don't mind me - I will be with you as soon a I have cooled off!!!
Right -  am ready nbow - lets do the last bit... almost home - lets not hang around!...

So - a pleasant day - but then the phone call from Panteg Garage in Felinfoel. Having examined the car from yesterday ....   remember the car??
That was the one - with a small chip on the paint... , well their estimate was £435.75 plus VAT to respray the section .. Was that alright and the owner would like to know if they can go ahead with the work???

Umm - Splutter !!!  No- I don't think so !!!  the annual Insurance for the Camper is £200. There is no No Claims Bonus on a Camper insurance so no No Claims Bonus to lose... 

I suggested perhaps getting another quotation ...

Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment