Thursday 9 January 2014

8th January 2014 - More of the same - and Rubber Ducks

Another day and another wet day and miserable from most points if view. No good news coming from the hospital and we are rather on the waiting game ....

It is a time for those people who suffer from SAD to really suffer - the day never really seems to get to full daylight. The rain is continuous. The winds are rather less and looking around the country the tides are lower...

But while all the news stories cover the bad weather both here and in the USA - where apparently a town called HEL in Michegan actually froze over!!   I did find a couple of more useful maps....


Consumption of Alcohol per capita

I see that we are holding up fairly well in the international ratings...  Better open a bottle of Chateau 41 - to do my bit for today...

Hmm .. I am looking at this second map and trying to remember why it was that I saved this one - unlike the previous one - which was about alcohol after all - I knew immediately why I had stored it and reposted for posterity.. but this one .. hmmmm

I note that there are dates and years - and it is mainly in the US and Asian area... with a quick hit in the UK.. But there must have been something that made it interesting and worthwhile ... What can these strange links mean ?? Why 1992 to 2007 ??

So what is your guess??

Ahh!! Google and history search are a wonderful thing - Apparently 29,000 rubber ducks fell off a cargo ship in the mid pacific in 1992 - and this map is where they turned up all around the world over the next 15 years .. There may be Rubber Duckies still out there !!   The Storms may bring them home !!!

I will keep a glass of scotch available for them - should they get here!!...

No comments:

Post a Comment