Wednesday 4 December 2013

4th December 2013 - Remember Remember - Final Movember

So November is done. And therefore Movember is also done. I am pleased to look at the website and see that the Mo Team from the West Wales Masons has topped £2,000 in donations, and still seems to be growing, while many of us, including me to be honest, had mainly done the month to raise awareness rather than actually raise money ...

 But the end of November means the end of the campaign, and it was with a certain amount of relief that I managed to shave off the moustache on Sunday afternoon. I did not get rid of it for the morning as we had the NSPCC "At Home" and I was a little worried that shaving may cause a couple of cuts and blood everywhere - so the afternoon was a reasonable time to finish.. One last Photo and then off it came. Many people were telling me that it rather became me - while others were telling me that it aged me by 15 years .. perhaps they were both right !!!  From a personal point of view I found it a little itchy !!!

 

But the funds were growing.. so all was well. There was a small part of me that was tempted to carry on and wax the ends - with a fine curl, and perhaps add the Van Dyke beard underneath. With the flowing hair and a cowboy hat - it was getting close to a General Custer ....   I could do that !!  Or perhaps a D'Artagnion or at least a Dart Onion  - Cavalier - I could do that ....


But the saddest part of the day was the time delay between shaving off the moustache - about 4pm Sunday, and the sudden realisation of my loving wife who says "Oh !! You shaved it off !!"  

25 Hours later !!!

Such is life when you have been married 40 years.....

Ho Hum !!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment