Sunday 6 October 2013

6th October 2013 - Furnace, Foibles and a little frustration...

So the last Home Alone Sunday for a while, as the walkers head for the last several miles and the final goal - the finish line... Of course - choosing to go from North to South meant that their final resting place is in some pub with no signal for mobile phones, no contact and a particularly unhelpful barmaid who would not call out for the walkers when they ran out of money on the pay phone.. As a result - I knew that they had arrived - but no way to contact Susie or any of the others, or call back to say what was happening...

However- half an hour later, and another expensive pay phone call ( bet that upset all the Iphone users  :) ) I am assured that everyone had met up and they were ready to celebrate the end of the journey.

So well done to the walkers - 280 odd miles in 12 days - an excellent effort....

 And as it turns out on the anniversary of the Hadrian's Wall effort last year ....

So, being at more or less a loose end, and having had an invite to go and join some friends at the local Rugby Club, I ventured up to Furnace RFC for the lunchtime sessions. Interestingly, as I passed the "snugg" I heard my voice called out and looked through to see some of my ex police colleagues and witnessed a discussion as to whether I was "really" me or not....  Not sure what the general consensus was - but I was fairly happy in my own opinion.  I am unconvinced that I have changes so mush int he last 10 years - but I may be a little biassed!!!...

And so, after a brief sojourn at the rugby club and a surprisingly low set of prices for drinks - more reminiscent of the Crimson Moon than any pub I have been in lately, it was back to 41, to check the tomatoes ( another bag in the freezer) water the peppers in both green houses - only had remembered one up till now, turned the cheese, gathered the three eggs - our sporadic layer seems to be going for the pointy ones again with the weak shells...checked food levels and water levels for the Chickens, looked at some boxes and decided that Monday would be a better day to start the next phase, looked at the path and decided that it was not really warm enough to hose down the paths...  and came back to the sanctuary of the computer room -  played with some photo galleries, Flicks, and found a video of Germany - and a Green One!! Will need some editing I think!

But no calls from the estate agent. Damn - that is a full week and no calls !!!

Ho Hum... Susie and Rusty Home tomorrow .....

No comments:

Post a Comment