Monday 9 September 2013

9th September 2013 - Monday and momentum...

So, a great evening with some old reenactor friends and a few beers in a field can make the world look a different place. The Crimson Moon managed to take down successfully before it got too dark and made its way back up to the Midlands.  As well for them, as this morning in Caldicot the skies opened and then settled down to that all pervasive Mizzy soaking. With the Bothy, it mattered less to me, but those with awnings and tents left form the weekend- it was a wet take down and they will be looking for the opportunity to dry during the week.

Luckily, some may be at Mortimer's Cross at the weekend and may not have too long to wait to dry out.

And so, with a little money in my pocket, not much, but enough to see some progress in the transfer of the Moon, I made the decision that they have had a whole season to learn the ropes, and it is now time to take a completely back room and financial relationship. It has surprised me that the differences in working practices did not cause more in the way of friction earlier in the year, but they are now in a position where they have experienced each of the type of event that we have done over the last few years, and my presence becomes more of an interference.

That decision made, we can concentrate upon what is important for us- the transfer of the house and the finding of a smallholding. My hopes are that some money is forthcoming as promised in due course....

And as I drove back up the M4 - yes the good old M4 again!! as I travelled away form Caldicot the sun got brighter and the clouds dissipated and blue skies were forthcoming..

Garfield may not like Mondays much - but they do not seem too bad to me ....


No comments:

Post a Comment