Sunday 18 August 2013

18th August 2013 - of parties and partings...

Saturday, and a day for attacking the basement again. It is proving to be a long haul but we are now beginning to make in-roads into the space that lies below the stairs. Of course, before today it was looking pretty clear, though shabby, but the Garden End of the basement was still a no-go area.
Today, we can see some floor at the Garden end, but the storage end is now once again filled with boxes and cases and packing crates full of clothes. On this occasion we have put down pallets to keep everything off the cold stone floor, a problem that was causing a touch of damp to enter the room.

But it is all stacked in the center of the room (need some more Morrisons Boxes!!), but with enough room to allow me to slap paint over the walls, my shorts, my torso and in places that are best not mentioned.....

So the storage end now has a clean bill of health and is looking a little more acceptable. While I was at it I started on the stairs, and as I had discovered a pot of the red paint for the stairs themselves, I was not as careful as I should have been with the white paint for the walls. But it will all get covered on the next pass !


Having managed a good morning's work, it was off in the Bothy to Mitchel Troy, and the Toll Gate, to see Oonagh off to Amsterdam  for her Masters. The rain was falling so heavily, it was a thought as to whether the Bothy would get into the field for the overnight camping, but by the time I got to the Wye Valley the rain had gone, and the micro-climate that is the Toll Gate was proving to be a fine evening for sitting around the fire, eating barbecued food, fiddles, banjos, mandolins and guitars and a little singing ( surprise surprise!!)


And of course, within all the singing there had to be a Green One as a rousing chorus..


I think I can get the expression of the faces to tell me that this was the song in question...


And of course the drink of selection was the "Bloody Marvelous" Anthony's home brew, though I steeered clear of the Elderflower wine which looked a little potent!!!

So farewell to Oonagh and best of luck with her travels and studies in Amsterdam...





And a good time was had by all !!!!
Night !!

No comments:

Post a Comment