Sunday 1 July 2012

1st July 2012 - " A Pinch and a Punch..."

For the first of the month...
So June goes out in a bluster - July starts - with the Police Helicopter hovering overhead - but I don't think they are after me - I am sure they have forgotten who I am by now....
Routes planned for trip to Aylesbury and then onto Stanmore in the morning.
Cup of tea and a lie in - rare for a Sunday these days - more like a Wednesday !!!

Quick check of the TABS and the apologies are coming in  - can work with that, and the payments - that of course is better - just need to wait a week to chase those who do not watch their Facebook Messages well.
 Found nice old photo someone had taken of me at an event - and posted via FLICKR - added it to the Avatar Gallery..

Aiming or a midday leave - so better get started..

Uneventful journey - but rather memorable - the amount of poppies in the fields and the hedgerows...  the wild flowers along the road side .. the green-ness of the countryside due to the extra rainfall .. but still dramatic...

We get to Waddeston Manor in time for the Ballet demonstrations and enjoyed Freja - grandchild - with her friends performing ..  Such a lovely venue - always passed it in the past and thought what a lovely gatehouse...  as we go into the National Trust Land - we see the real prize of this place - the views and the grounds...

Enjoy our time in the gardens - and bird spotting in the aviary - they hide the birds well here...
and back for a Stuart Cooked Bolognaise...   a present giving to the girls and a skype session on the computer ...  

Chats about Mythodea far too late for a school night.... but all well with the world...

[yes - offered a glass of wine with my meal and had to refuse !!!   may have been open for a while..
But .. I tried.. I really Tried!!!!   but I had to admit - even I could not drink that glass !"!!   got a bottle of white from the car...   shared with Nancy .. glass of Scotch .. all is well in the world ..
Don't tell anyone that I threw a glass of red wine away !!!  ]

No comments:

Post a Comment